Looking back at what’s been done so far, I thought I’d give you ten easy tips that will help you be more fit:
- Be in the right mindset. Getting your mental game together will go a long way in improving your physical performance. If you’re not where you need to be, identify the problem and neutralize it. You mind can be the biggest hurdle in making yourself better.
- Drink enough water. Water is the thing that gives all things life. It cleanses your system of toxins and allows you to extract energy from your food. If you’re dehydrated, you’ll feel horrible and perform even worse.
- Work out. Really? Exercise is the basis of being fit coupled with a good diet. Get into a routine of working out at least three times a week for at least a half hour. That’s a minimum. If you can do more, do it. If you don’t exercise, you’ll never gain muscle and always be low on energy. Don’t just exercise your body either. Make sure you exercise your mind daily.
- Only eat carbs for energy and don’t over-do it. Having too many carbs will promote fat growth, but having too little will leave you starved for energy during your workouts. You need carbs to build muscle.
- Use biofeedback to get the most out of your workout. Listening to your body is the best way to increase gains when you’re working out. Do range of motion tests before each exercise in your workout and you’ll get maximum results.
- Pick a diet that works for you. I’m talking about vegan, vegetarian, and omnivorous diets here. That whole South Beach, Atkins, Peanuts Only thing is just a gimmick. Pick the one that fits your lifestyle and is the easiest for you. I’m an omnivore myself.
- Eat high protein foods before and after you work out to build muscle. Get those proteins three hours before you work out and three to four hours afterward. You’ll get maximum synthesis then and see excellent gains in muscle growth. Of course only do it if that’s what you’re going for.
- Vary your workout to give tired muscles time to rest. If you give tired muscle groups that time to rest you can keep your heart rate up and give them some R&R at the same time. That will maximize your time to gain ratio.
- Don’t just worry about weight loss. Keep your mind on fitness, not weight loss. Unhealthy weight loss can cause health problems later. Don’t sweat it out or starve it out. Earn it.
- Cut out the alcohol. This is the single easiest way to lose weight and feel better. Alcohol dehydrates you and adds a ton of extra carbs and calories to you body that you don’t need.
- Strive for perfection and perpetual progress. This is the most important point. Striving for daily perfection is what will keep you going forever. This will keep you from slipping back into your old habits. When applied to other facets of your life, you’ll only see positive things.
If you exercise (hah, see what I did there) those ten tips every day you will be well on your way to becoming more fit. What tips do you have?